Every business requires utmost management skills Cafeteria sector also. From managing the reservations, to allotting tables to customers, manage wait list , to keeping eye on timely delivery of orders, each aspect needs to be managed up to perfection. There will be major customer dissatisfaction in any kind of delay or not proper service. A simple way to avoid such errors is to use a Cafeteria Accounting Software.
There are so many service provider in the field of food industry who provides Cafeteria Accounting Software. We have partner with various top industry leaders like FEE ZEE, Affinety Solutions, EduTrak Software, rSchool Today, Efunds, and Convenient Payments.
These softwares have been in the market for quite long time. Cafeteria owners hesitated in adopting new technologies; however, with time they could understand that such software can increase efficiency and the output on efforts few years ago. Billing, food reservations, order handling and delivery to the food, all these are now handled by the software systems.
However, good Cafeteria Accounting Software like Lunch Cashier System, go much beyond the operation management functionalities and provide in-depth data & reports for the top management. Below are 7 features that can help you increase your organization’s profitability and become the catalyst for its growth.
- Web Based Solutions- All of our solutions are web based or have a web based option. This makes the LCS line of products usable on virtually any HTML5 capable device. You do not need to worry about troublesome installations or user access problems. LCS runs on MAC, Windows, Linux, Android and old and new equipment. Depending on your deployments selections, you may be able to run the system from home.
- Forecasting with Quick and Easy setup. No program installations required! – As Cafeteria sales depend on many external factors like weekends, school exams, weather conditions and even sporting events, it becomes increasing important to forecast the sales. Automated forecasts produced every week/month along with charts in the software would show your progress, real time history, sales progress and multiple department forecasts.
- a) The LCS 1000 can be setup after breakfast and it will be ready to serve before lunch! That’s the efficiency that this new appliance has to offer to your institution.
- b) We have removed the need to install or transfer data from one office computer to another. No more time spent transferring programs from an old computer to a new one. No time consuming installations. No more problems with compatibility from one version of a Windows to another.
- c) This box plugs into your network and is set up like any other server, then it is ready to go. No further involvement from a school technician is required. Wordware’s friendly technical support staff will take over answering all questions and concerns, plus addressing the initial importing of the schools current information into the new system. You will lose absolutely no data and the process takes only minutes.
- d) No servers set up in your school? That’s just fine! The LCS 1000 works in a normal server environment, or can just be staged in the cafeteria alone, connected to one computer that wants to do it all, or as many computers as you need to get it all done. The perfect answer for any school, large or small.
- Automated Backups – “Valuable” doesn’t even begin to describe your lunch accounting information, and losing any of it is not an option. With this in mind, we are including the peace of mind that only automatic backups can bring and then taking it a step further. Not only will the LCS 1000 back up it’s information every day, but it will also upload it to the Wordware Inc cloud servers as an extra level of protection. Your data will be safely stored in multiple locations, ensuring that you always have the ability to recover from any change in a matter of moments, so you always have a backup plan. Bottleneck of any Cafeteria is its seating capacity. Efficient management of tables thus becomes a necessity. A Cloud Based Cafeteria Management Software can aid in carrying out this activity and also manage advance reservations.
- Data Bridge – Our unique data bridge was developed to easily pull your student and family information from your SIS into Wordware so both systems contain the same information. No dual entry or manual effort is needed.
- Reporting– After rentals and labour, food costs are typically the largest expense for any Cafeterias. The food cost reporting of the Cafeteria management software can show you the actual vs predicted cost and the accompanying difference. This is done by researching on the cost variation in the same item offered by different stores along with a list of top and bottom pricing. These features become increasingly important in multi branch organizations. Reporting and Charts. We understand that food service reporting is critical to the administration and success of your schools. Not only does Wordware provide and extensive offering of reports in the software for cash sales reporting, free and reduced, line reports, etc. Wordware will work with you to make sure you are getting the information you need from your software.
- Product planning to decrease and nullify food waste – Wasted food is another critical cost center for a Cafeteria. The product planning report will give you a real-time measure of the amount of food that is wasted thereby contributes to lowering the waste generated.
- Labour Cost reports – The labour cost report is another critical aid you will get from the Cafeteria management software. It has the detailed information on your staffing and even goes up to the hourly, daily and monthly man hour utilization. With this report, your staff scheduling can be improved.
These are only a few ways in which a Cafeteria management software can aid you. The benefits of using one such software are multiple. If you aren’t using these functionalities of your Cafeteria management software, you immediately need work with your team, and study these reports and if you current software doesn’t provide such in depth reports, you many need to upgrade your software. Wordware’s Lunch cashier software has been implemented in . school cafeterias, college and universities, hospital settings and commercial building cafeterias in all over USA.
You can also talk to one of our Cafeteriamanagement software analyst for any assistance you will require Call: (800) 934-2621.
Cafeteria accounting software, we do it best!
Wordware, Inc takes great pride in working with industry leaders to bring you e-payment partnerships that make getting and processing new payments easier than ever. Adding new families, maintaining balances, reviewing payment histories – we’d like to introduce you to the people that are helping to make the LCS 1000
the best cashiering system there is!
|Student Based Solutions- Money for lunch must be entered into individual student accounts- time consuming.
||Family Based- Money deposited goes into a family account. This eliminates multiple entries and allows schools focus on the household.
|Free and Reduced- School administration spends tons of time processing paperwork – usually manually.
||Automated letter generation and reporting … built in timeline to streamline workflow … plus processing direct certification saves hours if not days of work. Particularly if there are multiple students in the same household (another benefit of a family based solution).
|Free and Reduce Anonymity – The federal government requires free and reduced student to be anonymous.
||Wordware’s unique onscreen marking system keeps the student status anonymous to any onlooker while allowing the cafeteria staff to process the proper meal selection.
|Slow Lunch Lines- Many solutions are dependent on internet speeds which can slow down the speed of the lunch line. This poses a significant challenge to schools with a large student and staff population.
||Because Wordware is web based and server based our networked LCS1000 keeps lines running fast regardless of internet speeds. Plus if the internet is down any data captured on the LCS1000 syncs to the cloud back up as soon as the connection is re-established. No data is lost.
|Reporting- Many schools are still operating with spreadsheets for free and reduced and cash reports etc.
||Wordware provides robust reporting capabilities with on demand access to all the critical information staff and administration needs. Cash reporting … balances … student and family activity … meal detail etc. Just to name a few.
More than twenty years of working closely with lunch accounting software, lunch accounting administrators, and state representatives has all culminated into one major leap forward in lunch accounting technology. We are very proud to introduce the LCS 1000 appliance.
In 1986 Wordware Inc introduced the first lunch accounting software. In 2012, we introduced the first lunch accounting software that takes advantage of modern cloud technology.
Wordware has taken a huge step forward in the development and release of the LCS 1000. This new centralized mini-server has been specially set up to not only dedicate itself to lunch accounting, but to be ready for constant updates and development. Let us show you how the all new LCS 1000 system can revolutionize your lunch accounting services.
- Quick and Easy setup. No program installations required! This box plugs into your network and is set up like any other server, then it is ready to go. No further involvement from a school technician is required.
- Something More – We have added a few special features to increase the overall value that this tool can offer you in the form of automatic data synchronization, automatic email notifications, and automatic payment processing.
- Automated Backups – we are including the peace of mind that only automatic backups can bring and then taking it a step further. Not only will the LCS 1000 back up it’s information every day, but it will also upload it to the Wordware Inc cloud servers as an extra level of protection.
- Data Synchronization – we will also be automatically updating the family information and account balances every night, removing the need for your lunch account manager to spend their valuable time with file uploads
- Automatic Email Notifications – We have added the ability for the LCS 1000 to automatically provide Wordware’s email server with the email addresses of your family database and to send out low balance notifications to the families meeting your criteria for notification.
- Automated E-Payment Processing – we have integrated automatic e-payment processing. The payment information will be transmitted from the e-payment company directly to the LCS 1000, which will then add the payments to the family accounts without any needs for downloading payment files or manually entering in payment information. Everything is done in the background by the LCS 1000.
Federal and state guidelines for free and reduced school lunch discounts can be very complicated and cumbersome. Having a proper audit-trail and accounting system to track these transactions is essential and can save your school or lunch program thousands of dollars. When your system is audited, and they all get audited eventually, be assured that The Lunch Cashier System
from Wordware Inc. is number one in preventing audit failures.
We were the first ones in the industry to do lunch line software and are still around due to these basic principles. School districts can’t afford to lose their federal reimbursement, and Wordware is here to do everything we can to help you make sure it doesn’t happen to you.
Most student information systems focus on the individual students. Wordware focuses on the students as they truly are: part of a family.
Our software starts with the family unit, and ties all accounting for students into that family. There is no repeated data entry from one sibling to the next and you can view all of the information for a family’s students in the same reports.Wordware’s Lunch Cashier System
helps increase efficiency by linking relevant information together for you, saving your valuable time from being spent on repetitive data entry.
This system allows parents to do payment for the entire family through one student. Wordare, Inc. provides e-Funds For Schools to allow families to choose a couple of different online payment options for student lunch accounts. Parents may choose to have payments automatically withdrawn electronically from your checking account or charged to your credit card. There is a convenience fee for using this program.
The Lunch Cashier System allows the Schools’ food service department to manage the application process and establish student accounts accordingly in compliance with federal regulations also Students from families whose income is below designated levels and foster children are eligible for free meals or meals at a reduced rate using this system.
To determine if a family qualifies, the family must complete an application. One application per family is necessary and may be completed any time during the year. If a family participated in this program in the past, a new application must be completed each year.
Public Schools are now able to take advantage of this low-cost and reliable communications system to alert our families electronically of balances in their family meal accounts. Also you can access your current account information online – anytime.
Wordware partner with Efunds, Convenient Payments, EduTrak Software, FEEZEE For Schools accepts payments at any time for unlimited school services from multiple payment platforms. The convenience and flexibility of e-Funds For Schools will help to eliminate last minute check writing hassles and improve efficiencies with your student lunch account. Plus, you will no longer need to worry that your children could lose or forget the money intended for deposit in the school lunch program.
With eFunds you are in full control of your account and can make a payment at any time that is convenient for you. No payments will be allowed without your knowledge and authorization through this secure payment system. By providing your home and/or work email address, an email notification informing you of the student’s name, purpose of the payment, and the amount of payment will be sent to you each time that a payment is to be processed.
This is the only and only family concept based system for you school cafeteria.